February 17, 2008

Inspired.

Sometimes by helping those who mean the most to you, it is a way to help yourself. I view this as close to what the ancient Greeks called a Muse. A source of inspiration, a way to purify the soul, and expand the mind. By admiring those qualities that you find intriguing in others, a stem of creativity is sure to blossom. Of course superficial intent is not completely false, the typical feelings of a human can only be conjured by such an animal. The metaphors that surround specific feelings provide greater balance by every reader that absorbs and interprets.

For my current muse so that I may be yours as well.

Strawberry Jam,
Held in my hand,
A gentle breeze, a silent plea
No book to go by, one look makes me fly
A sent like no other, sweeter than flowers
Enveloped by your glow, torture to see you go
Stuck in a daze as we glance and gaze
Seconds with you are like euphoric days
I get lost, I'll admit, when you talk, I start to slip
Into my hopes, into my dreams, embrace my soul, eternal control
I hear you laugh - I melt away...

Life, not as, but sweeter than
held in my hand,
My Strawberry Jam.


Follow Feelings
I don't see how, you do this every morning.

Cup of coffee on the go.

And you don't know why, you travel at all.

The feeling comes, for a while, you follow through.



It's no wonder you're blinded by what shines so bright.

You try to fight it but never seem to have your might.

Lost in your head, sick in bed, falling faster than you ever knew.

The feeling comes, for a while, you follow through.



Bring your smile, bring your love, we're going to a place above.

Far from the comforts of home, but here you're never alone.

Explain to me why the gears are turning, what exactly are we learning?



It was never clear, if you were near, my heart disguised my love with fear.

As each day goes on by, I feel a spark, coming alive.

I want to tell you, but I cannot speak, my mind tells me to wait a week.

I lost the feeling, for a while, but I'll get it back when you follow through.


Sight
Can you see, between the trees
The sheets that make up each page
Of the book in which you look
To find the answers, that come with age

It keeps you up, puts you to sleep
It's what you want to sweep you off your feet

Nothing is real, life is surreal
So how is it that we feel?

To love another is to love oneself
But this is not the same as the fall
To love another is to love one and all

Self Control
So sweet it is to breathe.
Divinity is mine, in a breath.
And then I lose my ability, as I gaze upon you.

Droplets of the sea,
Fountains filled with dreams,
The cosmic waves upon which we ponder.

Naive gestures,
Unnecessary measures,
Leave us bound to our innocent pleasures.

If not but as two souls,
Exploring an evolving world,
Being selves and in control.





No comments: